6/05/2011

New Beginnings In My Own Backyard

My son John walked into my office the other day and asked if he could use my new camera to take pictures in our back yard.  I am still in awe at the beauty he found. 

Baby Apples
Baby Pine Growth
Snow Ball
Baby Hollyhocks
Baby Raspberries
Lilac
Baby Peas
Baby grapes
Baby Cherries
Irus
Spring kept us waiting this year.  Perhaps that is why we don't take the wonder of new life for granted this season.  Those things we have to wait for - those blessings that come only after months of dark and cold seem all the more glorious. 

2 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Love spring and all the newness it brings us. Thanks for sharing the "gifts" of your yard.

shirlgirl said...

Just have to add this to your blog. I live next to a cemetery that is all trees--more forest than anything else. There was a Baltimore Oriole on the tree limb--just beautiful. I've never seen one around here before.