7/03/2012

Everything We Give Comes Back Even Sweeter

I have more cherries than I need at my house and offered to share them.

Last week my daughter Arianne and granddaughter Sophia picked cherries from my sour cherry tree. I loved watching them pick together as the canyon breeze blew and the dappled sunlight made each cherry as bright as rubies. I pushed my grandson Liam in the swing while his brothers Sam and Logan played on the grass.

I've discovered that one of the secrets of a happy life is knowing that when we share, we always get more . . . not less.
Arianne and Sophie thanked me and left.

Then a few days later I saw the beaming faces of Arianne and Sophia with outstretched hands offering me a delicious home-made cherry pie.

Loving my husband and children has filled my life with meaning, purpose and indescribable joy.
Now as I watch my children loving their children - I know.
Everything we give always comes back . . . even sweeter.                                                 Pin It

3 comments:

arianne said...

Love this. Thanks for all your sweetness.

Krista said...

How come every time I read your blog it always makes me cry??? (I am not even a cryer!!) I loved this, and everything you write, for that matter. I also wanted to thank you for your post about miscarriages, with the beautiful things you wrote, and the links to your daughter Ariannes blog, and your Ensign article. It couldn't have come at a better time for me and my family; my sister was pregnant with #6 and suffered her first miscarriage at 14 weeks along within days of Arianne's, and I really didn't know how to help her, what to say, or what that must feel like, having never experienced it for myself. Both you and your daughter's posts meant so much to us, and really helped me to understand at least a little of what she was going through. Thanks for the frequent updates and inspirational posts. They really mean a lot!

Janene Baadsgaard said...

Krista, your kind comment made me cry. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It means so much. Please give your sister my love. I am so sorry for her loss. I will pass this on to Arianne. It will mean a lot to her also. God bless you.